Following are six budget options of Audio Interfaces.
In this post, we list 6 of the best budget USB Audio Interfaces:
Featuring many popular brands such as Focusrite, M-Audio, Steinberg and Behringer.
Whether you are starting a new home studio, or improving an existing setup. There’s no single equipment more confusing than the audio interface. Because among the dozens of options, each one is designed to meet the demands of a specific type of studio.
While looking to buy an Audio Interface please be certain to cover these valuable tips into your thoughts: What kinds of input and output connections are on the box, inputs could be XLR, TRS or MIDI and outputs could be USB, Firewire or Thunderbolt so be sure that they meet what you exactly want. The compatibility to your computer is also necessary to find out, whether it is fit for Windows or Mac OS or both. Another important point to consider is the audio quality, a clear indication of the recording and playback quality is the Bitrate and resolution so for example; 24 bit/96 kHz is faster at processing than 16 bit/48 kHz and therefore will result in greater recording and playback quality. Let’s have a look at the 6 of the best budget options for Audio Interfaces.
1). Behringer UMC202HD U-Phoria
Product Description: The incredible U-PHORIA UMC202HD bridges the gap between your creativity and your fans. This blazingly fast USB 2.0 studio in a box will have you recording your next masterpiece in minutes with all the connectivity required for your microphones, guitars, keyboards and even MIDI devices. Record the perfect vocal right to your computer-based DAW thanks to the 4 astonishingly pure, world-class MIDAS-designed mic preamps, which include +48 Volt phantom power for condenser microphones, all going through studio-grade 24-Bit/192 kHz converters for the best possible sound quality. Whether you’re a singer-songwriter, producer on the go, or just need a rock-solid interface for running backing tracks at a gig, the ultra-dependable U-PHORIA UMC202HD will help you shine in the digital domain.
The UMC202HD mix control allows zero-latency direct monitoring, which means musicians can experience their performance clearly – with no delay or lag in the returning signal, resulting in a better performance and recording. A powerful phones output has its own level control and Monitor A/B source select for DJ-style cueing. To make it a done-deal, Behringer provide free audio recording, editing and podcasting software, plus 150 instrument/effects plug-ins – just a download away at Behringer’s official website.
- 2×2 USB 2.0 audio interface for recording microphones and instruments
- Audiophile 24-Bit/192 kHz resolution for professional audio quality
- Compatible with popular recording software including Avid Pro Tools*, Ableton Live*, Steinberg Cubase*, etc.
- Streams 2 inputs / 2 outputs with ultra-low latency to your computer, supporting Mac* OS X* and Windows XP* or higher
- 2 state-of-the-art, MIDAS designed Mic Preamplifiers with +48 V phantom power
Buy “Behringer UMC202HD U-Phoria” from Amazon: http://amzn.to/2ky5Wno
2). Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Product Description: It’s so easy to make music with Focusrite’s Scarlett Solo USB audio interface! Ideal for the singer/songwriter, the Scarlett Solo sports the legendary Focusrite preamp as well as a crystal-clear DI for your guitar, bass, or keys. Focusrite’s unique gain halos make it easy to control your levels, while the headphone jack, Direct Monitor switch, and large volume dial make monitoring a breeze. For this second-generation Scarlett Solo, Focusrite seriously raised the bar with vanishingly low latency, 192kHz sample rates, optimized preamp gain structure, and an instrument input that handles scorching hot pickups. The Scarlett Solo delivers the pro-quality sound you need — at a price you’ll love. Plug in, fire up the bundled software, and you’re ready to rock.
The 2nd-generation Focusrite Scarlett Solo’s exterior has undergone a sleek makeover. Under the hood, though, it’s been tweaked and upgraded to deliver better sonics, lower latency, and enhanced ease of use. With sample rates up to 192kHz, you’ve got a studio-grade sound you can take anywhere. And Focusrite has evened out the gain structure of the natural-sounding Scarlett mic preamp, letting you set levels more accurately. The instrument input has also been re-engineered to handle the hottest active pickups. Lastly, Focusrite has wired analog protection circuitry across the Scarlett Solo’s inputs and outputs, safeguarding your interface from damaging power surges.
- One natural-sounding Scarlett mic preamp with plenty of even gain; one newly-designed instrument input, designed to handle seriously hot guitar pickups
- Class-leading conversion and sample rates up to 192kHz / 24 bit; super-low latency for using your plug-ins in real time without the need for DSP (measured at 2.74ms, working at 96kHz with a 32 samples buffer)
- Stereo line outputs on RCA phono for connecting to home speakers; one headphones output with gain control
- Compatible with Windows 7 and higher, and Mac OS X 10.10 and higher
- Includes Pro Tools, First Focusrite Creative Pack and Ableton Live Lite, Focusrite Control, Softube Time and Tone Bundle, Focusrite’s Red Plug-in Suite, 2GB of Loopmasters samples, and monthly Focusrite Plug-In Collective offers, all available via download
Buy “Focusrite Scarlett Solo” From Amazon: http://amzn.to/2kzcUbI
3). M-Audio M-Track 2X2
Product Description: It’s never been this easy or affordable to make professional recordings at home. The M-Audio M-Track 2X2 is a USB interface with two channels of flawless 24-bit/192kHz digital audio conversion and a roadworthy metal chassis. Zero-latency direct monitoring lets you hear yourself in real time as you record without any distracting delay. And an included software bundle with Cubase LE and AIR’s Creative FX Collection and virtual instruments is all you need to start capturing your ideas and mixing full-ensemble productions. The M-Track’s large central monitor knob is a thoughtful inclusion, which makes it quick and easy to dial in studio monitor levels while mixing.
Lush 24-bit/192kHz digital audio recordings follow you wherever you go with the M-Audio M-Track 2X2. This interface’s metal chassis is built rugged for the trunk and backpack of the touring performer. But its quality front end and high-speed USB performance are everything a singer/songwriter or acoustic duo needs to record professional demos at home. Monitor yourself in real time while you record with zero latency. Then express yourself through 20 world-class AIR effects, such as stereo reverbs, chorus, and distortion, and mix to taste in Cubase LE. A pair of low-noise, acoustically transparent preamps and quality digital audio conversion capture a faithful representation of whatever you plug into the M-Track 2X2. Sweetwater knows that singer/songwriters will enjoy recording their instrument and voice at the same time through the specially voiced combo XLR mic input and designated 1/4″ instrument input.
- Quality 2-channel USB interface at a budget price which captures recordings in stunning 24/192 hi-fi
- Preamps are clean, low noise, and acoustically neutral
- XLR/TRS combo input for a microphone or keyboard and a dedicated 1/4″ TS instrument input for guitar and bass
- Zero-latency direct monitoring provides a natural recording experience with a Central monitor knob which makes it fast and easy to adjust playback levels
- Steinberg Cubase LE records and edits multitrack audio easily, AIR Creative FX Collection includes 20 quality plug-ins
- AIR Mini Grand virtual instrument adds color to your arrangements, AIR Strike drum arranger provides a big backbeat with a human feel
Buy “M-Audio M-Track 2X2” From Amazon: http://amzn.to/2yCD8Au
4). PreSonus AudioBox USB 2X2
Product Description: The PreSonus AudioBox USB 2×2 USB recording system is an excellent solution for achieving high-quality, professional-sounding recordings no matter where you are. The AudioBox USB is a USB bus-powered audio recording interface loaded with 2 microphone/instrument inputs with 48V phantom power, 2 balanced TRS outputs, and MIDI I/O so you can stay portable without sacrificing your sound. The AudioBox USB also comes with Studio One Artist music creation and production software which has the same platform and intuitive interface as Studio One Pro but with an unlimited track count so you can start recording right out of the box.
PreSonus Audio has won numerous awards for designing quality microphone preamplifiers for all price levels. The AudioBox USB is loaded with preamps that deliver high headroom, low noise, and high gain to give you pure, full, and rich sound. Most USB recording devices operate at a 16-bit sample rate and use converters with dynamic ranges of less than 90dB which gives you a pinched and relatively small sound. The AudioBox USB, however, uses professional-grade analog to digital converters with a dynamic range of 102dB and 24-bit sample rate so that the digital conversion is big, quiet, and musical, making it one of the best sounding USB bus-powered interface on the market.
The AudioBox USB is bus-powered giving you the flexibility you need with no wall warts, line lumps, or power cables. Just plug in to a powered USB port and you are ready to record. The AudioBox USB is housed in an all-metal chassis with metal knobs able to withstand the rigors of travel and your touring adventures. Just toss the AudioBox USB in your laptop bag and mobilize your music creation and production. Whether you’re recording your shows, creating a mix on the plane, or writing songs in your hotel room, the AudioBox is ready to go.
- 24-bit/44.1, 48k USB audio recording interface
- 2 Class A XMAX microphone/instrument preamplifiers
- 48V phantom power
- 2 balanced TRS outputs
- MIDI input/output
- Powered via USB
- Completely portable professional recording solution
Buy “PreSonus AudioBox USB 2X2” From Amazon: http://amzn.to/2g8Wshe
5). Steinberg UR12 MKII
Product Description: The Steinberg UR12 is a 2-in and 2-out USB 2.0 audio interface featuring the world renowned D-PRE microphone preamp. Record vocals and a guitar simultaneously, with zero-latency hardware monitoring using any supported DAW software on your PC, MAC and iPAD. Featuring recording resolutions of up to 24-bit/192 kHz, the UR12 delivers class-leading audio performance.
Combining an extremely compact design, extraordinary build quality with a rugged metal casing, full iPad connectivity and the outstanding D-PRE mic preamp, the UR12 redefines quality for its class of USB interfaces. 24/192converters offer you levels of audio fidelity rarely seen on an interface of this size, while the legendary D-PRE gives your recordings incredible detail, depth and dynamics. Guitarists, vocalists, songwriters and producers requiring a very portable interface with amazing sonic characteristics need look no further. The included upgradable Cubase AI version offers a streamlined, easy-to-use music toolset with everything you need when inspiration strikes.
- 24-bit/192 kHz USB 2.0 audio interface
- 1 Class-A D-PRE mic preamp supporting +48V phantom power
- 1 Mic input(XLR) and 1 Hi-Z instrument input (TS), 2 line outputs(RCA)
- Cross-platform compatibility with Windows, OS X and iPad (with Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit/Lightening to USB Camera Adapter)
- USB-powered for mobile recordings with Mac and, additional USB mini socket for power source connection when used with the iPad
Buy “Steinberg UR12 MKII” From Amazon: http://amzn.to/2g8annA
Hope you like this article and share it with your friends and colleagues. If you have any questions or comments, please leave them below.
Also, read our other post about “Top 5 Budget Microphones“